1) Zuo Xiao, Yutaka Matsuo*, and Eiichi Nakamura*, “Copper-catalyzed Formal [4 + 2] Annulation between Alkyne and Fullerene Bromide”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 12234–12236.
2) Zuo Xiao, Jiayao Yao, Yuming Yu, Zhenshan Jia and Liangbing Gan*,“Carving two adjacent holes on fullerene through two consecutive epoxide to diol to dione transformations”, Chem. Commun., 2010, 46, 8365–8367.
3) Zuo Xiao, Jiayao Yao, Dazhi Yang, Fudong Wang, Shaohua Huang, Liangbing Gan*, Zhenshan Jia, Zhongping Jiang, Xiaobing Yang, Bo Zheng, Gu Yuan, Shiwei Zhang, Zheming Wang*, “Synthesis of Fullerenones through Peroxide-mediated Step-wise Cleavage of Fullerene Skeleton Bonds and X-ray Structures of Their Water Encapsulated Open-cage Complexes”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2007, 129, 16149–16162.
4) Zuo Xiao, Fudong Wang, Shaohua Huang, Liangbing Gan*, Jiang Zhou, Gu Yuan, Mujian Lu, and Jinqi Pan, “Regiochemistry of Fullerene: Preparation of C70(OOtBu)n (n = 2, 4, 6, 8, 10) through Both Equatorial and Cyclopentadienyl Addition Modes”, J. Org. Chem., 2005, 70, 2060-2066.
5) Jiayao Yao, Zuo Xiao, Jianxin Zhang, Xiaobing Yang, Liangbing Gan* and Wen-Xiong Zhang*, “Switched Role of Fullerene in the Diels–Alder Reaction: Facile Addition of Dienophiles to the Conjugated Fullerene Diene Moiety”, Chem. Commun., 2009, 401-403.